With full support of our in-house and freelance Indonesian translators out there, we took the risk without risking our clients. The quality we provide remains the same as when we handle small project, and the risk is actually at our own. In this case, we have to manage the following challenges:
- Splitting one big file into, say, 5 files
We are not splitting the file manually, but we make use of SDL XLIFF Split and Merge 2015 to split it (this can be downloaded for free in SDL App Store if you have the login access)
3. Assigning them to the designated translators (can be in-house or freelance translators)
4. We usually involve one or two in-house translators to go along with our freelance translators. This is totally safe from any side (this is, at least, based on our experience)
5. Intensively monitoring the progress from each translator
6. Merging the split files (we use the same tool) and challenge #2 is then arising.
- Edit the translated file
We usually edit them at once, meaning that if the file is successfully merged back (often failed), we will merge them back and do the edit at once. If it is not, we can still edit them at once; they are in several files, but they are in one Editor window.
|just select the whole files and strike ENTER
The case is:
- Our client does not know SDL Trados Studio and prefers translating the file manually.
- He/she needs the translated file to be the same as the source in terms of formatting (numbering, page setup, etc.).
- He/she needs the file to be sent back via email.
The solution is:
- Go back to the project name and click on Finalize. This will import all the whole files into TM automatically:
2. If solution #1 does not work, you can just create a new TM and import the whole files into the TM.
|locate the files you want to import
Please note that this scenario is only applicable to client with no Trados and he/she needs finished file. Never apply this scenario to client with Trados as all the segments will read 100% or CM. At least, we applied this scenario two weeks ago when handling an automotive project from one of our regular clients. Quality has always to be well maintained whatever the strategy or scenario takes.
If you are a language service provider (an individual linguist or a translation company) and need to know further how we do it, please contact us for appointment [check our FB: https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1148948658550640/]. We can provide you with hands-on training FOR FREE. And if you are a potential client and need to know how the strategy will impact on the quality of the translation you will receive, please come visit our office in Malang and we will explain to you how this strategy is totally safe in addition to further ensuring the translation quality itself.